Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Fling finale!

I raced the final spring Fling this past weekend.  It was exciting to say the least.  I didn't do as good as I had hoped, but it was still good.

I ended up with 2nd for the series.  Bobby from Velotek beat me by 2 points.  Me and Snider from the Tall Grass team were planning on making a go for a break after the first prime.  That was a no go when  I wiped out om the last turn headed for the prime.  My tube blew out and I went skidding out across the pavement.  The tube came out of the tire and wrapped around my brakes and cassette.  I picked the bike up cross style and started running down towards the finish line.  Luckily I had a wheel in the wheel pit.  I got it changed out and was able to hop back into the group.  Then on the 2nd prim I did not get up there.  I don't know what happened.  I just couldn't get up there.  So my only hope left was to get a good place at the finish.  Which only ended up being about 7th.

So good job Bobby!   He had to get 7 points to beat me and I think he got 8.   Charlie Got 4th over all and only went to 3 races.  He's awesome and rode hard in this final race.    

No comments:

Post a Comment